Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Do You Think She Means "A Charmed Life" ?


Contrary to what some people might say (wife included), I’m really very fond of my wife. She’s the meaning in my life, she’s my inspiration. She’s the wind beneath my wings. She builds me up so I can do something or other to do with mountains. Pick any other pleasant song you like to describe the situation.

However the Present Mrs B does come up with some strange things at times. Conversation in the car today…

PMB : “It’s the celebrities I don’t get.”
Pete : “Err… righty ho then. What ?”
PMB : “Well they could be doing the same thing as us right now.”
Pete : “Talking bollocks, you mean ?”
PMB (ignoring previous comment completely) : “I mean they don’t seem real, celebrities, do you know what I mean ?”
Pete (now resigned to the fact that in 2 seconds I will literally feel my IQ start to drop) : “Absolutely dear”.
PMB : “Like Paris Hilton, she doesn’t seem real but she could be doing something completely ordinary right now. Like getting out of bed. Or taking a poo.”
Pete : “Hope she got out of bed first.”
PMB : “Or like Robbie Williams. While we’re riding around in the car he could be doing his shopping. Like, right now.”

Lets hope it’s not the same Sainbury’s that Gary Barlow frequents. Standing in the queue for the checkout might become really awkward.


I sigh deeply, and shudder as I think about what we may end up adding to the gene pool.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?